As a medical device manufacturer, we must strive for perfection, in doing so we recognize that A+ talent is needed to meet the requirement of our medical customers.
Mountain Manufacturing is a full-service sub-contract medical device component manufacturer whose core competencies include Swiss turning, 5 Axis Milling, Multi-Axis Mill-Turn capabilities and EDM capabilities.
We’re hiring full-time, 1st shift EDM Specialist/Programmer to help achieve our mission of providing our customers with superior products that exceed their expectations. This requires us to develop personnel to support customer needs from a range of production processes including high-volume production to rapid product development while using the shortest lead-time.
We are willing to pay top dollar for individuals who can think outside the box and strive for perfection beyond making a part to print.
Ideal candidates will have 5+ years’ experience in the medical device component or related tight tolerance industry with a track record of having excellent workmanship standards.
The EDM department currently includes Sinker, Wire, and Drilling work centers. Those who show potential will be trained and advanced in their careers!
Our EDM specialists perform a role that consists of a variety of tasks that are vital to the medical device component manufacturing process. It requires highly skilled hands-on machining capability and excellent planning/communication skills to ensure that the many components going through the EDM process come together in the designated timeline so that the customer due date is hit.
- Work from CAD files, engineering drawings, sketches and or verbal instructions to perform highly diversified hands-on machining operations to specifications.
- Create and edit complex programs using CAD/CAM systems (Esprit/MasterCam), machine controllers and conversational programming including troubleshooting.
- Meet production rates, scrap, quality, and safety requirements, by performing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Use measurement and analytical skills to accurately measure in-process inspection and document results by using a wide variety of precision measuring instruments to assure high quality levels in component machining.
- Make accurate machining adjustments to a variety of machining process to yield a conforming part.
- Knowledge of machine shop practices, elementary mechanics, machining methods, cutting qualities of materials.
- Ability to work to +/-.0001”
- Interface with CNC machinists/programmers, polishers, QC Inspection, and other personnel to assist in the routing, planning, work instructions, problem solving, and expediting of components.
- Train, guide, and monitor others as requested by the Operations Manager.
- Keep area and equipment clean and in excellent running condition.
- Participate in continuous improvements efforts to improve shop operations.
- Follow systems processes for job tracking and recording.
- Report all non-conformance conditions per company procedures.
- Willingness to work between machining processes as needed (other duties as assigned).
- Machinist/Machine Tool certificate, and/or a minimum 5 years of EDM experience with Mitsubishi work centers.
- In-process inspection of parts using inspection tooling such as micrometer, caliper, gage- pins, vision systems (micro vu & optical comparator) etc.
- Ability to run multiple machines and manage time independently.
- Experience with or formal training in AutoCAD programming (ESPRIT / MasterCam) or equivalent experience to be proficient is preferred but will accept applicants without.
- General knowledge of Solidworks software.
- Proficient in mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and measurement and the ability to apply them to daily activities (machining, inspection, troubleshooting etc.).
- Implement “outside the box” process improvements.
- Skillful understanding of inspection tools and blueprint interpretation.
- Experience with training and managing team members is a plus.
- Effective writing and communication skills.
- Close attention to accuracy and detailed oriented.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize work independently and establish goals and objectives with little or no supervision.